BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

An Imperfect Tool in Perfect Hands

I have a confession to make to y'all. Right here. Right now. In front of everyone and the Internet. This is where we get down to the nitty gritty. Where I lay it all down on the table. No holds barred. Y'all ready?

I am not a perfect person. In fact, I have a lot of flaws.

This may come as a surprise to some of you. Actually, I know it doesn't. It's pretty obvious to the casual observer. I'm so far from perfect I need a map and a guide to get there.

And that's kinda what I wanted to talk about. See, I have been thinking a lot lately about how the Lord uses imperfect tools (namely me) to bring to pass His holy purposes. One of my favorite scriptures goes like this:
19 The weak things of the world shall come forth and break down the mighty and strong ones, that man should not counsel his fellow man, neither trust in the arm of flesh—

20 But that every man might speak in the name of God the Lord, even the Savior of the world;
21 That faith also might increase in the earth;
22 That mine everlasting covenant might be established;
23 That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers.
24 Behold, I am God and have spoken it; these commandments are of me, and were given unto my servants in their weakness, after the manner of their language, that they might come to understanding.
25 And inasmuch as they erred it might be made known;
26 And inasmuch as they sought wisdom they might be instructed;
27 And inasmuch as they sinned they might be chastened, that they might repent;
28 And inasmuch as they were humble they might be made strong, and blessed from on high, and receive knowledge from time to time.
(Doctrine & Covenants 1:19-28)

So I know that that scripture reference was kinda long. But I hope you saw what I see. IT'S OKAY TO BE IMPERFECT. Heavenly Father has a perfect plan for each and every one of His children, and He is always willing to lift us when we are down, to mold us and shape us when we need it and allow it, and to propel us to greater heights than we have ever previously seen. I know that it's okay to be imperfect and that the Lord will still use us for His mighty and holy purposes to bless our lives and the lives of others because that's what He is doing with me. I'm a full-time missionary representing His Church and His Son Jesus Christ, but I am far from perfect. And yet I have been witness to miracles that have changed people's lives; not because of my own talents and abilities to provide such miracles myself, but because the Lord used me in His Hands to bring about such miracles. It was all His doing, I was just the imperfect tool in Perfect Hands. We can all enjoy such blessings and witness such miracles. Simply do the best you can to be your best self and He will use you despite any inherent weaknesses or flaws that you might have.


0 comments: