BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 30, 2012

A song that might help y'all

I know I haven't blogged in a while. My bad. I won't lie, sometimes I find it hard to think of something to blog about that is length appropriate, applies to missionary work and my calling as a missionary, and is interesting for y'all to read. I won't pretend that I am supah good at this whole blogging thing. So today to kinda get myself back into the swing of things I am just going to post the lyrics to a hymn that has always helped me through tough times. This hymn has always given me comfort when I needed it; I can always sing it in my head or to myself out loud when I feel down. This hymn fills me with the love of my Savior and helps me remember what He did for me. This hymn may be familiar to some of you, and it may not be. Either way, the words are inspiring and uplifting. Hope y'all enjoy!

Come, ye disconsolate, where'er ye languish;       
Come to the mercy seat, fervently kneel.
Here bring your wounded hearts; here tell your anguish.    
Earth has no sorrow that heav'n cannot heal.

Joy of the desolate, Light of the straying,        
Hope of the penitent, fadeless and pure!
Here speaks the Comforter, tenderly saying:   
"Earth has no sorrow that heav'n cannot cure."

Here see the Bread of Life; see waters flowing   
Forth from the throne of God, pure from above.
Come to the feast of love; come, ever knowing  
Earth has no sorrow but heav'n cannot remove.

Come, Ye Disconsolate #115
Hymns of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

0 comments: